Updated: Nov. 6, 2018

Transferring a Uniform Bar Exam Score 

If you have a Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) score of 270 or higher from another state, and meet the qualification for the lawyer bar examination under Washington Supreme Court APR 3(b), you can transfer your score to Washington for up to 40 months after the date of the administration of the UBE in which the score was earned. The Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) score must be acquired three years before or no later than 40 months after the applicant achieves a passing score on the UBE. Washington only accepts official UBE score transcripts in their entirety. We do not accept score transfers for the individual test components, nor do we allow applicants to register for select parts of the exam.

Requirements for UBE Transfer

Applicants must have an acceptable UBE transfer score at the time of application. UBE transfer applicants may submit a completed application at any time.

For UBE transfer applicants who are licensed in another jurisdiction, it takes approximately four to six months from the time an application is submitted for the application to be approved.

For applicants who have never been admitted in another jurisdiction, it takes approximately two to three months from the time an application is submitted for the application to be approved. 

Once the application is approved, applicants will receive an email notification.

Note: You have one year from the date of submitting your application to complete the admission process. After one year, you will need to submit a new application and fee. You may withdraw your application at any time subject to a $300 non-refundable administrative fee. Fees paid to the NCBE are also non-refundable.

Questions about transferring a UBE score to Washington should be directed to admissions@wsba.org or 206-727-8209.